Sunday, November 24, 2013

Observation 5

Observation 5


This late in the observations more organisms that I had not seen before were coming into the aquarium.

Alasomas- huge moving organisms that are found across the bottom of the aquarium

Oscillatoria- these were not moving and they were found at the bottom all the way up to the bottom of the middle layer

Amoeba- there was only one amoeba that I saw and it was at the bottom of the middle layer. it was moving but not very fast

Desmids- even more that the times before. They are starting to get into the middle layer of the aquarium.

Diatoms- like the desmids there are more diatoms than last time. They have covered the bottom, but they dd not go to the middle of the tank.

Philodina Rotifer- A new organism that I found. I did not see many because they were moving fast, but I only found them at the bottom of the tank.

Dinoflagellate- there were only a couple of these. They were moving along the bottom of the tank.

Cyclidium-These were all over the bottom of the tank. They were moving fast

Gymnodinium- a moving organism that I saw at the bottom of the tank. There weren't that many of them

Pinnularia- was in the middle of the tank. It wasn't moving and there weren't that many of them.

Anisonema- I only saw one, but there could have been more. It was at the bottom of the tank, and was moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment